Why I don't YouTube nearly as much as I should, & sharing a Cover/Interior Design Vlog featuring ROSEBLOOD by A.G.Howard



This week, I was cleaning out old files on my hard drive and I found some videos I filmed and never posted! I thought it would be fun to post them now, even though the books are older at this point. You guys still like looking at pretty book design, right!?

I put off posting the first one because I thought I would have an unboxing for you from something that was supposed to arrive this past Saturday, but it was rescheduled to Monday, and now it's lost on a truck somewhere. So maybe I'll have a second video later this week. I was hoping to space them out a little more, but oh well!

I do want to to have at least one video a week up on YouTube and am going to start doing more again. There's always so much I want to feature, but I'll be honest: I hold off because I'm frequently embarrassed by how short and stubby my nails are! Or if my polish is chipping. Or if my nails are bare. Etc, etc. I used to bite them, and then I thought if I featured them online, it would hold me accountable. If I bought nail polish and supplies and spent money, it would make me want to stop. And I DID stop. My nails got long and beautiful. Then they started breaking and not growing out properly. Then the weather killed them. I recently started nibbling at them again because I've been under a lot of stress, and I am trying not to make it a habit again. My goal is to try to have long nails by BEA this May/June, and there's still time, but they're so weak and keep breaking as soon as there's a little growth, so it's disheartening! But you guys don't really care about my nails, so I should really vlog more.... But that's what keeps me away from it so much!

I know nails would matter even less if I vlogged the way most booktubers do, with the focus on myself. As a huge fan of graphic design, I've always thought that looking at the book was more important than looking at me, so I do book closeups. I hate when I can't see a book too closely in a video because that's not the focal point. So that's why I format my videos the way I do...if you were ever curious!

NOW THAT I'VE COMPLETELY DERAILED THIS POST....today, I'm sharing a video I posted in January 2017--more than a year ago! I'd been planning to post it alongside my review, and then I found out about BroadwayWorld's book leg and decided to apply to be a reviewer there. I figured posting a Phantom of the Opera-inspired novel there was the perfect market. And then, for whatever reason, I never got around to reviewing the book. I forgot about this video.

BUT THE BOOK IS SO GORGEOUS, especially the STUNNING INTERIOR!!!

Come take a look at it with me now?


The cover is really gorgeous, but wait until you peek between the pages of this one!

They are rose red. Blood red. PERFECT.

Come check it out with me!



Isn't that cool? I love when books have all that money put into them and look so gorgeous for it!

~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  ROSEBLOOD
Author: A.G. Howard
Release Date: January 10, 2017
Publisher: Harry N. Abrams
SUMMARY:

In this modern day spin on Leroux’s gothic tale of unrequited love turned to madness, seventeen-year-old Rune Germain has a mysterious affliction linked to her operatic talent, and a horrifying mistake she’s trying to hide. Hoping creative direction will help her, Rune’s mother sends her to a French arts conservatory for her senior year, located in an opera house rumored to have ties to The Phantom of the Opera. 

At RoseBlood, Rune secretly befriends the masked Thorn—an elusive violinist who not only guides her musical transformation through dreams that seem more real than reality itself, but somehow knows who she is behind her own masks. As the two discover an otherworldly connection and a soul-deep romance blossoms, Thorn’s dark agenda comes to light and he’s forced to make a deadly choice: lead Rune to her destruction, or face the wrath of the phantom who has haunted the opera house for a century, and is the only father he’s ever known.






Comments